The best resorts on the Island of Sal, Cape Verde
I’d like to share, in this article, my tips for choosing the best accommodation for your trip to the island of Sal, in Cape Verde. I listed here all the resorts I personally visited. There about 20 resorts on the island besides several hotels and other types of accommodation.
Let’s get started!
1° RESORT IN CAPO VERDE: THE CRIOULA CLUB
The first Cape Verde resort I want to tell you about is one where I stayed for a week: the Crioula Club Hotel & Resort. Overlooking the beach of Santa Maria, this resort is located about 1km from the town by the same name.
The Crioula Club Hotel & Resort has 280 rooms divided into standard rooms (ground or first floor), bungalows, mini-suites and beachfront suites. The central Piazzetta is THE place for socializing with the other guests. Here you can find:
- The reception, open 24 hours a day with local staff who speak Italian. There’s also a small library, a wifi hotspot and a bureau de change.
- The offices of CaboVerdeTime Incoming, a tour operator that can arrange excursions during your stay.
- The Crioula Baby Club, a kid’s club for children aged 4 to 12.
- The Lounge Bar, open from 7.30 pm until midnight.
- The Crioula Shop, a souvenir shop where to find local crafts and basic necessities.
- Photopoint, where a young team of photographers is available to capture the most memorable moments of your holiday (this service is extra).
- The surgery and pharmacy. There’s a doctor on-site Monday to Friday for 1 hour a day.
Take a look at the photos I took of my room and of the huge swimming pool!
Read all about this resort in Cape Verde in this article I wrote.
My review: my week was spent in total comfort. Every aspect was top-notch, from the delicious food and the many areas where to relax to the gym and the theater. I have very happy memories of this resort in Cape Verde and would definitely recommend it to others looking for accommodation on the island of Sal.
Rating: 9/10 -> This hotel had everything I needed, aside from the wi-fi apart (read this article to learn more about this).
Room rates: € 100/night on average per room.
2° RESORT IN CAPO VERDE: MELIÀ TORTUGA
The second Cape Verde resort I want to tell you about is located on the south-east coast of the island of Sal, just minutes from the town of Santa Maria as well as the international airport Amilcar Cabral.
It overlooks the fabulous beach of Algodoeiro, known for its beautiful white sand.
At this Cape Verde resort, you will find:
- 2 swimming pools for adults and 2 for children.
- Two types of accommodation, suites and villas.
- Lush hotel grounds with beautiful greenery.
- A spa and a gym.
- Restaurants serving both local and international cuisine.
- An activities programme for adults.
- Kid’s Club for children aged 5 to 12.
Below are some photos of the the swimming pools, the pool slides and the hotel grounds.
My review: I inspected the resort thoroughly and it’s simply perfect! It’s ideal for parents looking to relax and there’s plenty of opportunities for kids to have fun. The resort is so large that even if thousands of people were staying there at the same time, it would still be easy to find a quiet corner and enjoy some privacy.
Rating: 9/10 -> I’d go back in an instant now that my family has grown! 🙂 The Melià group never disappoints. I was at the Melià of Campione d’Italia and it was a truly incredible experience (read my article on the Hotel Melia Campione).
Room rates: € 120-180/night on average per room.
Sito web: www.melia.com/tortuga
3° RESORT IN CAPO VERDE: MELIÀ DUNAS
This undoubtedly is the one resort with any possible comfort:
- A variety of restaurants to choose from
- 3 adult pools and 1 for children.
- A spa.
- A well-equipped gym.
- 8 bars.
- An amphitheater for events and shows.
- Numerous boutiques and shops.
- A hairdresser.
- Tennis and volleyball courts.
The photos below will give you a general overview of the hotel grounds, the beachfront rooms and the luxury comforts available at this Cape Verde resort.
My review: While I didn’t spend the night at this resort, the impression I got is that it’s got everything a family or a couple may need on vacation. A beautiful beach, huge swimming pools and luxury accommodation.
Rating: 9/10 -> I’m not giving it a 10 just because I haven’t spent the night.
Room rates: € 150-200/night on average per room/apartment
Sito web: www.melia.com/dunas
Head over to YouTube to watch the videos I shot during my trip on the wonderful Island of Sal.
Thanks for reading,