Getting around Singapore: the metro and the ‘Singapore Tourist Pass’
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to get around Singapore without restrictions: the Singapore Tourist Pass.
Almost all the big cities that have a metro or subway offer tourist passes, so Singapore couldn’t be an exception!
WHERE TO BUY THE SINGAPORE TOURIST PASS
I suggest that you buy it when you land at the airport. If you are looking for specific information on Singapore Airport, one of the most beautiful in the world, read this article “Singapore: all you need to know about public transport and Changi Airport“. Alternatively, you can purchase one at the metro stations indicated on this map.
For information on opening times, check this guide.
HOW MUCH DOES THE SINGAPORE TOURIST PASS COST?
The Singapore Tourist Pass provides unlimited transportation on public transport (Bus, Metro and LRT) for either 1, 2 or 3 days.
HOW MUCH DOES THE SINGAPORE TOURIST PASS PLUS COST?
The Singapore Tourist Pass Plus provides unlimited transportation on all means of transport, as well as free admission to several attractions, for example, the Chinatown Heritage Center and the Singapore Toy Museum (MINT).
This pass can be purchased for the duration of 1 or 3 days and the prices are as follows:
– 1 day pass: 28 Singapore dollars (around € 18)
– 3 days pass: 38 Singapore dollars (around € 24, 50)
Good to know:
- The duration and validity of the pass are based on the operating hours of the public transport system. Service and coverage of the pass typically end at midnight. For this reason, if you validate the pass at 11.30 pm, after 30 minutes you will have already wasted your first day. If you arrive late in the day I suggest that you buy a single ticket to your first destination (e.g. your hotel) and then activate the pass the next day. This way you’ll take full advantage of the pass.
- On the Singapore Metro, it is forbidden to eat, drink, smoke and introduce flammable materials
- The Metro is open from 5:30 am to midnight, there’s usually a train every 2 to 8 minutes
Get in touch if you have any questions!
Everything you need to know about Singapore
Why you should travel to Singapore
🌎 Giornalista e Travel Blogger dal 2010
🤹♀️ Fondatrice di @inspirationforblogger
✏ Content Creator
👨👩👧 Mamma e Moglie
💌 [email protected]