High quality at a small price: the Well Hotel Bangkok, in the Sukhumvit neighborhood
Located in the heart of the Sukhumvit district, in Bangkok, the Well Hotel is where I stayed on the last 3 days of my vacation in the Thai capital. I spent the first 3 days at a hotel on the Khao San Road but I have already talked about this in my article ‘All the pros and cons of staying near Bangkok’s Khao San Road’ 🙂.
This Hotel has obtained, on Booking.com, the best score for their quality-price ratio in Bangkok. This means that compared to other hotels in this city, guests get more by spending less. Room rates are between €60 to €200 per night, depending on the room type.
ABOUT THE SUKHUMVIT DISTRICT
Sukhumvit is a very popular district among foreign tourists. Impressive both during the day and at night, this neighborhood extends along theone of the longest avenues not only in Thailand but in the world too. And it is precisely on this incredible road that there are hotels of all types, restaurants and nightclubs too.
Onto the hotel now!
WHERE IS THE WELL HOTEL LOCATED?
The building is within 500 meters of 3 important hubs:
- the Asok BTS Skytrain station;
- the Sukhumvit MRT subway station;
- the Terminal 21 shopping center.
A little further away, about 850 meters, there’s the Em District shopping center, where you can find many restaurants and boutiques.
The hotel is approximately 30 km from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
If you want, see my video promo of the Hotel!
If you arrive by taxi or on foot, there will always be someone who will greet you and help you with the suitcases and who’ll also show you around.
At the reception desk, the staff is very friendly, always smiling and professional. While you waiting for the check-in / check-out, the clerks will accommodate you in a dedicated waiting room and offer you a drink (water and lemon or apple juice).
All the 235 rooms at the Well Hotel include a minibar, a safety deposit box and a flat-screen TV. The en-suite bathroom comes with a shower, a hairdryer, a bathrobe and slippers. Some rooms (Executive Room and Executive Suite) include an in-room gym with an exercise bike, weights, a mat and other work out equipment.
The Executive Suite, the hotel’s signature room, is a 50 sqm apartment that also includes a kitchenette as well as a living room and a very large bathroom.
For more info on the rooms, click here.
I stayed in the Executive Room: spacious, well-appointed and decorated in a tasteful manner with soft colors and a comfortable mattress, impeccably clean.
All these elements made my stay unforgettable.
There are several common areas available to all customers of the hotel. For example:
- a spa with sauna and massage therapists;
- a 24-hour front desk service;
- free wi-fi;
- a fitness center with an area for boxing training;
- an outdoor pool located on the top floor;
- a Maple Meeting room that can accommodate up to 80 people for meetings and events at an additional cost ;
- room service;
- Laundry service.
RESTAURANT AND BAR
There are three dining rooms:
- The Eat Well Café where breakfast is served from 6:30 am to 10:30 am
- The Twist Bar & Bistro, where to have lunch and dinner but also pastries, coffee and refreshing drinks from 11:30 am until midnight. There are an indoor room and an outdoor area.
- The Pool Bar where you can sip a drink just a few steps from the pool on the top floor. The pool is open from 8:30 until 20:30.
Official website: www.wellhotelbangkok.com
For any additional information, contact me via Facebook.